Sometimes (ok often) I crave chocolate. I try my best to not purchase chocolate bars and junk on a whim when shopping. That’s the frugal in me who is to cheap. This recipe I stole from my mother in law and it satisfies that chocolate need. You do have to be prepared and fast for this recipe because it does harden fast.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups oatmeal ( I like to use 1 cup coconut and 2 cups oatmeal) Be sure to set the oatmeal/coconut aside in a bowl ready to use.
- In a pot mix butter, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and milk on medium high.
- Bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Boil for 4 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Take off stove and pour in oatmeal/coconut.
- Quickly stir to make sure all oats are covered and drop spoonfuls of mix on cookie sheet or piece or parchment paper. This is where you have to be fast because these set fast.